We wanted to make a post mentioning some of the updates we’ve made to content appearing on this site over the past few weeks, as minor edits can easily slip past notice.
- Our HEMA Club finder now has 252 schools in the listings.
- An article providing advice for newcomers to HEMA when interacting with others in the community has been published, intended to help avoid some common pitfalls that can be experienced.
- Lists of popular vendors providing specialty equipment for HEMA have been added for both North America and Europe.
- Some community spotlight articles about painted fencing masks and popular reddit threads have been published.
- A list of custom sword and armor makers has been published.
- An article about ways to get into HEMA has been published.
- A brief article about ancient Historical European martial arts has been published.
Additionally several minor revisions have been made to the following articles,
- The History of HEMA article has been updated with new sections related to the European side of development. We’ve also cleaned up the citations section.
- Some minor tweaks have been made to the language of the ‘What is a long sword in HEMA?‘ article to more clearly express the intention of certain sentences.
- Minor grammar fixes to the Fiore de Liberi article and correcting a few sentences.
- Minor grammar fixes to the ‘What is a rapier?‘ article.
We have some ongoing discussions in the forums, too.
Lastly Historical European Martial Arts Resources (HEMAR) has been mentioned as a top 20 martial arts blog by Feedspot.
We will periodically make revisions to published articles and make an effort to post a news update listing these changes.